Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh What A Day

Where to begin.....

I went to the appointment in Ft Worth today. We would of liked better news but such is life. I seem to have an aggressive tumor. It has grown since the mammogram and sonogram last week. She also thinks it may be in a lymph node because one of them felt slightly swollen. So now we are on to treatment. We are going to have chemotherapy, radiation and then surgery (a double mastectomy with reconstruction) I have an appointment with the Oncologist at 8:30 in the morning at Harris Southwest. I go to Harris HEB at 10:15 on Tuesday to get my port put in. I am also going to have a CT Scan of my chest and abdomen, a full body bone scan and a genetics test. I am not sure when all those are going to take place but sometime in the near future. The Dr was going to get them scheduled.

Wow, I know that is alot but I am ready. The sooner they begin the sooner the cancer is gone and we can move on with our lives. I will let you know about the Dr tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Girl everytime I talk to you you just amaze me more and more. You are the strongest most determined woman. I love you so very very much!! And I believe in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I don't know everything u have been through, but what I do know about you is that you have beautiful twin (challenging), you fought very hard to get your babies, you are an amazing friend to our family, and you are a great person, with tons of people that love you. So all that leads me to bet that beating cancer will soon be at the top of you " Yeah I kicked Ass At That too" list very soon. The Titus/ Hickman’s are always here for you. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
    Love
    Nickie Titus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and praying for you and the family. Love always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding, but in all of your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."
    You are such an amazing woman. This blog is a great avenue of communication but I long to hear your voice. We are here for you all the way-everyone at Stephenville MOPS sends their prayers, love, and encouragement. We have bonded together in Christian love and have very long list of mommies willing to help with meals, house cleaning, childcare, transportation & gas. We love you and Brian, Lindsi & Logan. We look forward to the miracle God will do in all of your lives. We are here for you all the way!
    ~much love
    Kourtney Landes & all of the the
    Stephenville MOPS Mommies
    Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you plans to give you hope and a future."

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my inspiration for being strong. Call me if you need anything while ya'll are up here. Tell my brother he can swing by my house if he needs anything for you or himself. We love you, and my prayers are with both of you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete