Saturday, February 20, 2010

1 year !!!!

We made it. Today it has been a year since I was diagnosed with breast cancer and what a year it has been. It seems like 10 years since I heard the words you have cancer. I am so excited to say I am cancer free. The journey of cancer patient is over and my new journey has begun as a breast cancer survivor.

I hadn't had a chance to write yet but I went to the doctor a few weeks ago because I was having pain in my ovaries. I have a cluster of cysts on the left side and a few on the right. They ran a CA125 just to check for ovarian cancer. Even though I knew deep down that everything would be okay, I thought here we go again. I know cysts are normal but with my history who knows. I also think that is why the doctors are more cautious. Anyway, the test came back and It was normal. Anything less than 25 and I was a 12. I will have a repeat sono to check the progress of the cysts. I am hoping that they are all gone. I also have started therapy again. I have some swelling in my hand that is a form of lymphedema. Luckily it doesn't go up my arm. They are trying to get it to go away before it gets worse. I have to wear a compression glove to help move the fluid.

We have allot going on in March. I have an appointment with the plastic surgeon to see about my next step March 1st. Hopefully I will get nipples soon. March 2nd Brian is getting a tooth implanted. March 12th I have a sonogram of my ovaries. The oncologist is scheduling a CAT scan and Bone Scan but I am not sure what day yet.

I guess that is all I know for now. I want to thank everyone for being here and all the prayers this past year. We are now headed for year #2. The roller coaster heads up.......

2 comments:

  1. Yes Teisha, you are a survivor! I had the same thing with my ovaries before I had Brynlee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord for mighty is He who is in us! Teisha, God has an amazing work still for you to do...this cancer thing was just a bump in the road so now continue to seek His will and He will be faithful and just to show you His plan. You are such a friend, an encourager, and a leader! Cheering with you sister!

    ReplyDelete