Thursday, October 22, 2009

Last Fill

I saw Dr H today and got the last fill. I am having surgery December 14th to remove the expander's and put in the implants. Happy Birthday to me! What a present. Anyway, it will be an out patient surgery. I have to be there at 5:45 am and will be out before lunch. I am having the surgery at Baylor Surgical Hospital in Ft Worth. That won't be the last one but at least it will be the last major one. I also found out the pain in my arm is the muscle pulling. It has no elasticity after radiation and as things are stretched and pressed it is pulling in the arm. He recommended I go to therapy. So I guess I will check on that next.

I finally got everything resolved with the Dr situation. I will be changing oncologist and start seeing the new one in January for my 3 month check up. Her name is Dr Krekow and she is at the Breast Care Center. I also found out that my cholesterol didn't go down during chemo. It actually went up. The ratio is in the grey area so it will need to be monitored. The tamoxifan may make it go up but they just don't know. If that happens then I will have to start taking cholesterol medicine. We will just cross that bridge when we get there. It is better for me to be on the tamoxifan since my body has returned to normal.

I am done with all the appointments related to cancer until December. Well, except for therapy on my arm. I am not saying we have any free time though. Now it's time for all the other appointments we had to put off. The kids dentist, the dermatologist, the list goes on. I am excited that the holidays are nearly here. My favorite time of year. Now if we could just get snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment