What a long day. The dr called on friday and said they needed to move my appt to morning since the chemo was going to take 3 hours. We left here at 7:30 this morning. My appt was at 9:40. Once all was said and done I left the dr at 2:50. I was in chemo nearly 4 hours today. It shouldn't be that long next time but it will still 3 hours. Oh well, I will survive. I would rather sit there for 3 hours only 3 more times than one hour every week for 12 weeks. I haven't noticed any side effects from this chemo other than they give me benadryl by iv and it made me really tired. Benadryl always does so I expected that. The chemo I am taking now is Taxol. The Dr felt for the tumor and he says it is still there a tiny bit but it is not really measurable. I don't feel it but that is his job. I also found out friday that because I am going to be going every two weeks I will still have to have the shot of neulasta. So I will go to Stephenville tomorrow again for that.
My next chemo will be May 18.
No comments:
Post a Comment