Things went fine with chemo It only took a little over 3 hours this time. I still feel fine today and after lunch I will head to Stephenville to get my shot. I am supposed to meet with the radiation oncologist sometime soon. The surgeon and him need to make a plan so I can keep moving forward after my last treatment on the June 15th. I have an appointment with him on June 1st. I also have an appointment with Dr Brian the surgeon on June 22. Just a follow up with her to make sure everything is on schedule and moving along like it should. I won't know how much radiation I will need until they get together and figure it out. Then after radiation, the double mastectomy with reconstruction.
I don't know if anyone has noticed but I changed the about me section. I had to write something for MOPS and I thought it would fit there too. I moved all my favorite quotes under the profile because there just wasn't room there. For those who only read this by e-mail here is the new about me. "I was diagnosed Feb 20, 2009 with Breast Cancer. It was a shock especially at 36 to have a disease that I only thought about older people getting. I know there are young people but you never hear about them. The only people I knew were 50 or older. I am determined to beat this and I refuse to let it define who I am. I believe with all my heart that this is just a bump in the road of life and we will come out on the other side even stronger. I know that this happened for a reason. I don't know what that reason is and I may never, but God does. I may one day touch someone and that be it. I get up everyday and put one foot in front of the other and live my life. I hope others see that this is not the end of the world but just another day. Yes, with issues some days but still just another beautiful glorious day. I know God is here with me and has been with me every step of the way."
I know I am rambling on today but one more thing. I saw this yesterday at chemo:
What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited......
It cannot cripple
love
It cannot shatter
hope
It cannot corrode
faith
It cannot destroy
peace
It cannot kill
friendship
It cannot suppress
memories
It cannot silence
courage
It cannot invade
the soul
It cannot conquer
the spirit
It cannot steal
eternal life
Well, I guess that is about it for today. Just remember that no matter how bad today may seem there is always tomorrow. So, Laugh at the confusion, Smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason. I hope everyone has a great day!
Next Chemo June 1st.
No comments:
Post a Comment