Monday, June 1, 2009

Chemo phase 2 round 3

Everything went fine today. I got good news, he can't feel the tumor! He said there may be a little scar tissue but really nothing. The other Dr didn't feel anything either. Chemo was the same. I was out by 1:30, I went to the parking lot and ate a quick lunch with Brian and the kids and went back inside for my apt at 2:00. I met with the radiation oncologist Dr Freeman. I finally left there at 4:00. It was a long day, I got there at 9:20 this morning. Anyway we have a radiation plan. I am so excited (not really). Well, I am excited we have a plan and once that is over I can move on to surgery. What I am not excited about is I will be going to Ft Worth everyday M-F for 6 to 6 1/2 weeks. Oh well, I know that this too shall pass. The driving will be the worst of it. The longest I will be there on 4 of the days is about 45 min. The other day I see the Dr and it will take a bit longer. We can't start anything until after Chemo though. I only have one more treatment. I am very excited about that!

Here is what June looks like:

Neulasta Shot June 2nd
Last Chemo June 15th
Last Neulasta Shot June 16th
Appt (follow up) with Dr Brian the surgeon June 22nd
June 29th (Kids officially turn 3) Appt with Dr Freeman - I will meet with the dr and then I go get a scan done and the tattoos and other markings for radiation.

Dr Freeman said I should be able to start radiation July 6th. So as you can see I am not slowing down on bit. I am working hard to get this all behind us. Oh, and for those who don't know radiation is just like getting an x-ray, it just lasts a little longer. There really aren't any side effects from it. If anything the skin may turn red kind of like a sun burn or fluid may collect in my right arm because of the radiation on the lymph nodes. But that doesn't happen in everyone so I hope it is like Chemo and I don't have any major side effects.

It looks like late August or early September before the surgery. I will know more about that when I talk to Dr Brian.

I guess that is it for now. I am having fun this month planning the kids party and getting their 3 year pictures taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment