Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Appointment with Surgeon

I went to see the surgeon Dr Brian on Monday. She said everything felt good and was very pleased. You can't feel the tumor anymore. She got me set up with a plastic surgeon, Johnathan Heistein, in Ft Worth. I go see him August 10th and we will decide what our best options are for implants. Dr Brian said she will do surgery about six weeks after radiation. That will make it the end of September or first of October. So there is plenty of time for both of them to get together and make a plan. Dr Brian will take them off and Dr Heistein will put new better ones in their place. Dr Brian will also take out the port at the same time. She said she will also take out a few lymph nodes since the one was compromised but not all of them. I will meet with her again after radiation and get everything finalized.

My next appointment is Monday June 29th with Dr Freeman at Radiation Oncology. I will get scanned and tattooed so I can start radiation the next Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Teisha I want to tell you that you are inspiring in the way you hand all this. You take it, accept it and do what you need to do. If there has been a single moment of self pity I didn't see it. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete