Hello everyone. Chemo is done!!!!! I am so excited. I learned something yesterday, that I don't recommend trying at home, mixing Musinex-D with IV Benedryl. I was stuffy and had been taking musinex which works wonderful but I did not take it yesterday until I asked. The nurse said I could take it so when I got to chemo I took the pills and they hooked me up to the Benedryl. Well, I got a really clear nose but before I left chemo I was so tired and after walking for a few minutes I got dizzy which made me nauseous. What a day it was. Other than that Chemo went fine and after sleeping off the meds last night I feel back to normal today. I will see Dr Crim again on July 13th to check my blood and make sure that it is all still normal. Since I am not going to be using my port anymore I will have to get it flushed every month until they take it out to keep it from getting a clot. So I will have that done when I see Dr Crim on the 13th. My port should come out when I have the other surgery. He also will do a CAT scan after radiation and before surgery to see how everything looks. Then he said at some point we will see what meds I have to take. I will still have to see him every three months for a couple of years to get my blood drawn and check everything out.
I am now moving to the next phase of all this, radiation. I go to see Dr Freeman, the radiation oncologist, June 29th to get the tattoos, scans and other markings. Radiation should start July 6th. I will then post once a week on the days I see him. I can't see posting everyday since nothing will be going on other than getting the radiation.
I will see Dr Brian, the surgeon, next Monday June 22nd. She wants to look me over and I will find out how long after radiation it will be before surgery. I will also get the name of the plastic surgeon. I want to go ahead and meet with them so they can get on the same page since they will both be doing the surgery. I don't want any delays moving forward after radiation.
Lets see what else. The kids will be 3 on June 29th!!!! Oh, that's one more appt we have, July 1st their 3 year checkup. We have their 3 year pictures made this week on Thursday, I am so excited. I hope everyone has a great day and great week. I will post next Monday after my meeting with the surgeon. Oh, I almost forgot I get the last shot of neulasta today.
No comments:
Post a Comment