I met with Dr Brian yesterday and we are on for the 18th of September. She will do a Right Modified Radical Mastectomy, a Left Simple Mastectomy and port removal. They said she would probably take 1 1/2 hours and then Dr Heistein will do his part which will take longer than that so I will be out a good while. I won't go into all that Dr Heistein is going to do again, if you missed it check the post from August 8th. It will be at Harris Methodist Southlake and the dr said I will love the hospital. All the rooms are private and they said are very spacious. I think they are tyring to make it sound like a hotel. Anyway, they are a specialist in breast cancer treatment which is what really matters. I have to be there at 8am and surgery will start around 10am. I will have appointments on the 17th for pre-op. I go to Dr Brian's office at 11:00 and Dr Heisteins office at 3:30. We are going to stay the night in Southlake since I have to be there so early. They said I will only be in the hospital two days so I should go home on Sunday. I think that is about it for surgery.
I will have a CAT scan on Sept 3rd and meet with Dr Crim again on Sept 8th. He just wanted a repeat CAT scan after chemo and radiation were over and before I had surgery.
That is all for now. I am off until the 3rd. I can't believe I have so much free time. I am most excited about going to the coast.
No comments:
Post a Comment