Tuesday, September 8, 2009

CAT Scan & Dr Appt





We had a great vacation. Here are a few pictures. We stayed one night in San Antonio on the river and then went to Port Aransas for three nights. The kids just loved the beach and the pool at our hotel. It was so nice to get away for a few days with no appointments or worries.

I had a CAT scan last Thursday, the medical oncologist just wanted to see everything before I had surgery. I met with him today to get the results. Everything looks good. The tumors in the breast are not showing anymore and the lymph node that was slightly swollen before appears to be normal size now. Even though deep down I knew that it hadn't gone anywhere else you still worry a little. I am sure every time I have a scan or test I will have that little bit of worry and sick feeling. I will see Dr Crim again in a month to start my medicine. He wanted to wait until after surgery because it could cause blood clots. I will be taking Tamoxifan and he said I will be on it for two or three years.

Well, time sure does fly by. I will be having surgery in 10 days. I can't believe it is already here and I'm just ready to get it over with. I have pre-op on the 17th and then surgery will be at 10 am on the 18th.
I guess that is it for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment