I got good news yesterday. The test came back from genetics and I am negative for the BRACA1 and BRACA2 gene. Now we don't know why I have cancer but at least I won't pass a gene on to Lindsi. She and Whitney are at higher risk because I have BC and need to start being checked 10 years earlier than when I got cancer. Whitney will start being really screened at 26 and when Lindsi gets old enough there is no telling what advances they will have made. As far as all the cancer in half of my family tree, they think it is due more to the environment and lifestyle etc. They did not feel that there was any reason for me to be checked for any other genetic mutation.
I go back for chemo Monday. I hope next week goes better than last. I had a bad reaction to some or all of the meds. The compazine for sure and possibly the steroid. They are going to change those and then we will see what happens.
One thing I know for sure, I am going to enjoy this spring like week and I hope everyone else does too!
No comments:
Post a Comment